GoPro Hero 6 Launched in India
GoPro, an action camera company, needs no new introduction. Today they unveiled 2 camera lineups. One is the update to the existing GoPro Hero 5 and other is the GoPro Fusion a first 360-degree camera from GoPro.
GoPro’s founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman, introduced the HERO6 Black and Fusion cameras to an international audience at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, California.
“HERO6’s next-level image quality, video stabilization and three times faster QuikStories performance makes it a powerful storytelling extension of your smartphone,” said Woodman. “It’s never been easier to live it, and then share it… using a GoPro.”
GoPro Hero 6 Black
There are no design changes in the new GoPro Hero 6 Black. It’s the same design as the GoPro Hero 5 Black also there wasn’t much need a design change to the camera. The Main difference is in the hardware and the performance of the GoPro.
The Main Difference list
- Powered by GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K 60 Frames per Second and 1080p At 240 FPS Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advance Image Stabilization of All the Hero Camera
- All New Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33Ft (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low Light Performance
- RAW and HDR photo MOdes
- Improved Voice Controls in 10 languages
- GPS, Accelerometer and gyroscope
- WiFi+ Bluetooth
GP1 enables twice the video frame rates, improved image quality, dynamic range, low-light performance and dramatically improved video stabilisation over previous HERO camera generations. Importantly, GP1 automates all of these benefits, allowing users to capture vibrant videos and stunning photos without messing around with complicated image settings. GP1 also advances GoPro’s capabilities in computer vision and machine learning, enabling HERO6 to analyse visual scenes and sensor data for improved automated QuikStories.
QuikStories is an app feature that makes it easy to share short videos of your adventures. HERO6 is optimised for QuikStories with 3X faster Wi-Fi. This means your footage will rapidly transfer from your GoPro to your phone where the GoPro App will automatically create QuikStory videos for you.
Finally, GoPro unveiled the much awaited 360-degree action camera. GoPro says it shoots 5.2K Spherical Content which is the start of the new creative Era. Fusion is said to capture everything around you which possibly you might miss and Gimbal-like stabilisation makes it shockingly smooth says GoPro.
GoPro Fusion Features
- 5.2K 30FPS and 3K 60FPS Spherical Video
- 18MP Spherical Photo
- GoPro App Compatible
- OverCapture Allows for Traditional Video Creation from 360 Footage
- Advanced Stabilization
- 360 Audio
- Waterproof to 16ft (5m)
- Time Lapse Video + Photo, Night Lapse and Burst Modes
- Works with Most GoPro Mounts
- Includes Fusion Grip Mount
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Compass
Additional New Products
- Shorty – The ultimate pocket-able extension pole and tripod, perfect for any activity
- The Handler – An updated floating handgrip with a quick-release mounting feature
- Bite Mount + Floaty – A versatile bite mount with an easy-to-spot float, ideal for POV
GoPro Hero 5 Black is priced at INR 45,000