Microsoft Lumia 535 Launched in India without Nokia Branding (Hands on Review)
Microsoft Devices today launched the Microsoft Lumia 535 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and Lumia Denim,bringing the best Microsoft services to more affordable price levels. Offering five great integrated Microsoft experiences, a wide-angle 5 megapixel front facing camera, and a spacious 5 inch display protected with Gorilla Glass 3 ,the Lumia 535 helps people do more of what they want, for less. It will be available in stores across the country starting Nov 28, 2014 at a best buy price of INR 9199/-. Designed to be tough and durable and stay as vibrant and colorful as the day you bought it, the Lumia 535 will be available in bright green, bright orange, white and black.
Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman, Microsoft India, said,“Today we have consumers in India for whom the mobile phone is not only their primary device, but sometimes the only device they use. Microsoft is committed to delivering the power of everyday mobile technology to everyone through its devices and services such as OneDrive, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Outlook, MSN and Xbox Live which power them. The new Microsoft Lumia 535 sets the benchmark in bringing the best of the Windows Phone ecosystem at an accessible price point to consumers in India.”
Speaking at the launch, Ajey Mehta, Managing Director, Nokia India Sales Pvt. Ltd. (A subsidiary of Microsoft Mobile Oy) said, “Innovation should be available to everyone and our endeavor is to make it accessible through our range of affordable Lumia devices. Younger tech-involved audiences are increasingly looking at an uncompromised experience on their smartphones. With access to the best services right out of the box at a price they can afford, we believe the Lumia 535 is an ideal solution to offer young India.”
Just right for young Indian smartphone users: With Lumia 535, the latest quad-core smartphone, users can enjoy
- 5 Microsoft experiences
- Make memorable Skype video calls and seamlessly switch between voice and video with built-in Skype integration
- Access, edit and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents and OneNote notebooks wherever you are, with the pre-installed and free for life Office suite
- Always be in the game with Xbox on your Lumia 535. Connect and play with friends wherever you are, using your Xbox Live avatar and gamer profile to keep track of scores and wins
- Save and sync photos, videos and Office documents securely with 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage
- Connect with work and personal e-mail while on the go, with Microsoft Outlook built-in.
- A wide-angle, 5 megapixel front facing camera: Click great selfies with its 5MP wide angle front-facing camera, fitting in more people and memorable backgrounds in the frame than any other smartphone camera.
- A spacious 5 inch display: Showcase photos and videos or get even more productive with Office on the large, 5” inch display
- Never miss a call or text, and be reachable on both SIM cards at any time with Smart Dual SIM for maximum flexibility
The India offer
- All Lumia 535 owners on Vodafone subscriptions will get to enjoy 500 MB data internet pack per month, free of cost for 2 months. The offer is applicable for subscribers currently not active on internet packs. Subscribers can use internet on 3G / 2G / EDGE as per availability
- Online shoppers can use the Windows Phone Jabong app on their Lumia 535 and get a total of Rs. 6000 off on their purchaseover a period of 3 months
- Paytm, India’s largest mobile payments service will offer Rs. 600 worth of extra charge on any recharge [@ Rs. 150 pm over 4mths]
- eBooks worth Rs. 1,500 free on Flipkartebooks
- 2 months of BoxTv subscription worth Rs 720 absolutely free
Special OneDrive and Office365 Business offers across the Lumia range
Microsoft also announced twospecial packages for new consumers across all Lumia smartphones. All Lumia devices running Windows Phone 8 onwards (from Lumia 520 to Lumia 1520) will be available with the option of an additional cloud storage of 1TB on OneDrive for Business at a price of Rs. 799 per annum*. This translates into storage space for more than 300,000 songs or 3000 full length feature films! Additionally, the Office 365 Business Premiumpackage will be available to all new Lumia buyers at an unbeatable price ofRs. 2499 per annum*. Lumia buyers opting for this package will get one licence, to be used on a total of 15 devices i.e., 5 PCs (Windows / MAC), 5 Tablets (Windows / iPads) and 5 Smartphones (Windows / iOS / Android).
“This carries forward our promise to bring alive Microsoft services on Lumia devices across price points. We believe the OneDrive and Office 365Business packages will empower all Lumia users to be more productive on the go,” said Ajey Mehta.
Tech specs summary:
|Lumia 535 Dual SIM|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim|
|HERE location services||Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+
Free HERE Transit available in the Store
|Display||5” qHD 960×540 screen
|Processor||1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor|
|Main camera||5 MP AF, Lumia Camera, LED flash|
|Front facing camera||5 MP wide-angle Fix focus FWVGA 864*480 for video recording & video playing|
|Memory||8GB + 15GB free OneDrive, micro SD up to 128GB|
Hands On With Lumia 535
Well being a budget device we thought it would be quiet cheap matherial, I was thinking wrong before actually having my first hands on. I was totally impressed with the quality of device that Microsoft has put into. 1TB of cloud storage for a year is an impressive offer, Lumia 535 is same like all the other lumia market the smoothness and beauty is never comparable to the android device at that budget of the international companies. The simplicity, user friendlyness had always been point in lumia helping people to get something different other than Android. The phones will never lag is what makes it completely different. I could say windows lover will definately love it, Even who want it, its a good deal. The camera would never disappoint you at that budget.