NETGEAR ROLLS OUT NIGHTHAWK X6, INDUSTRY’S FIRST TRI-BAND WIRELESS ROUTER
NETGEAR®, Inc. a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, has once again set a new industry standard for router performance by adding to its award-winning Nighthawk® family of 802.11ac routers. The new Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R8000) is the first tri-band WiFi router available for purchase incorporating the powerful new Broadcom® 5G WiFi XStream platform. With six high-performance antennas and three network bands, one 2.4GHz and two 5GHz, the Nighthawk X6 delivers the industry’s fastest combined WiFi speed, up to 3.2 Gbps. It balances the network load to ensure the best WiFi performance for each device and deliver the maximum wireless range available today.
Today’s homes that combine many new and old WiFi devices need tri-band routers such as the Nighthawk X6 to optimize the speed of each device, whether it is an old laptop or the newest smartphone. Nighthawk X6 intelligently segments slower and faster devices into the most appropriate WiFi band. This network load balancing and segmentation enables the X6 to mitigate interference and more effectively support all WiFi devices.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Subhodeep Bhattacharya, Regional Director, India & SAARC, NETGEAR “We are pleased to launch Nighthawk X6, which provides more WiFi bandwidth by segmenting slower and faster devices across different WiFi bands, and balancing the number of devices in each band to deliver the best-in-class experience for streaming, sharing and gaming.”
Powered by a 1GHz dual core processor with three additional offload processors, Nighthawk X6 soars above the competition so you’ll enjoy a blazing-fast WiFi experience using the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, such as the innovative 5G WiFi XStream technology from Broadcom. By optimizing speeds for all your WiFi devices, you’ll be able to game on, stream away, and download mega-sized files without network lag from inside and outside your house, garage and yard.
Technical Benefits of Nighthawk X6
NETGEAR has packed Nighthawk X6 with best-in-class technology to offer an unmatched WiFi experience for your WiFi-enabled devices – smartphones, notebooks, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Blu-ray® players, and media servers.
- AC3200 WiFi technology enables the fastest combined WiFi speeds currently available – up to 3.2 Gbps.
- Tri-band WiFi intelligently connects devices to the fastest WiFi band possible and increases overall network speed.
- 6 high-performance external antennas and powerful amplifiers deliver maximum range around your home and yard.
- 1 GHz dual core processor with three offload processors supports blazing-fast WiFi, wired and USB storage performance.
- Beamforming+ improves range reliability by focusing and locking on 2.4 and 5 GHz device signals as you move.
- Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest WiFi for every device which helps your 802.11n and 802.11ac devices choose the appropriate 5GHz band for the best performance.
- VPN support ensures secure remote access to your home network.
- Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (one WAN and four LAN) offer fast wired connections.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port offers high-speed, storage-ready access up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- ReadySHARE® Vault, a free software application, automatically backs up Windows-based PCs to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk X6.
- NETGEAR MyMedia™ enables you to find and play your stored media from anywhere on your network to your DLNA®-ready TVs and music system.
- iTunes™ server support enables you to play music on AirPlay-compatible devices using iTunes or Apple Remote™.
- NETGEAR genie® is a personal dashboard that makes it easy to install, monitor, control and repair your home network from PCs, Mac®s, and iOS and Android™ smartphones and tablets.
Pricing and Availability
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R8000) is available with the authorised distributors of NETGEAR in India at an MRP of INR 42,000/-, with a warranty of 2 years.